Inspections aren’t just a hassle in the fire and life safety space, they are potentially lifesaving. So, getting a proper maintenance schedule not only assures that inspections are completed regularly, it also ensures that your sprinkler systems, fire alarm panels, full building security systems, smoke alarms, and fire extinguishers meet code compliance and are in proper working order.
For those in the fire and life safety space, delivery of those inspections is a vital part of their everyday tasks. A regularly maintained schedule of inspections can make certain that problems are preventative, rather than reacting to what could be a serious, life-threatening challenge.
That’s where adding mobility from a field service software can not only guarantee nothing is missed on an inspection checklist, but also that it is returned to the customer in a timely manner to ensure proper code compliance is followed. Rather than using a paper checklist that would require manual data input back at the head office, running the risk of losing potential critical information about a life-saving system, an inspection can be done with a touch of a button using mobility functions in the field service software via a field service app.
While speed is a benefactor of a mobility approach, so too is efficiency and, perhaps most importantly, certainty that the correct equipment is on-site and being inspected. Barcoding of equipment allows for a technician to scan the equipment, such as fire suppression equipment, and log an individual maintenance report for it, guaranteeing that the right equipment is being looked at, while also leaving a legacy trail for future inspections with a detailed history of any maintenance that was required.
Delivering exceptional caliber service in a field that has potential human consequences leaves little room for error. Having a planned service maintenance agreement schedule in field service software will make sure that each inspection is pre-scheduled and will provide the technician with the checklists they need for the job, and the tools he will require to do it. It ensures accuracy in every report, with a standardization that is set from the beginning and repeated at every inspection.
Advantages of Implementing Field Service Software
- Mobility with inspection checklists – Ensure nothing is missed on an inspection with a checklist that requires action to move on to the next item. Require notes and photos to complete a desired part of the checklist before moving on.
- Barcoding – Tag each piece of equipment with a barcode to ensure no piece is missed during an inspection, while also giving a detailed history of any maintenance issues for future inspections.
- Reduce liability – Demonstrate a technician has been to each device and that all records are in order and facilitate code compliance.
- Create a history – Keep all fire and life safety inspection checklists for quick reference, either by clients or by technicians performing an inspection months later, giving them a detailed history on issues in the past.
- Scheduling – Create a service maintenance agreement roster that automatically schedules the technician and provides them the proper documents needed to complete the task.
Have Questions? Want to know more? Click here...
[gravityform id="2" title="false" description="false"]