Field Service Management is a growing industry with many solutions to meet your service delivery goals. Why should clients pick you over your competitors? What makes you different?
It’s a question every field service management company should be able to answer — without citing great service or the cheapest price. Today’s consumer looks beyond the obvious reasons.
An article on Contractor Magazine’s website explains that a contractor must develop a clear and unique brand position. That’s the key to standing out in a crowded field of competing companies.
Need help creating a brand? Most field service management companies do. To start, here are seven strategies to map out a winning brand position: What worries customers most about contractors? Ask people and create a position that addresses their biggest fears or problems.
- Social good: Align your business with a social cause like breast cancer research or environmental concerns.
- Alleviate Pain Points: Determine your customer’s field service management hurdles and present how to solve them.
- Credentials: Differentiate yourself with awards won or recognition from experts.
- Specialization: Declare your company as a specialist in specific services or geographic areas.
- Tiered service: Customers expect to see different tiers of service. One service level for everyone isn’t always an option.
- Distinction: Whether it’s driving pink trucks or playing Hawaiian music, build your position around something unique and fun.
- Guarantees: Make your mark by guaranteeing a service such as clog-free toilets or a punctual arrival time.
Above all, remember that if customers are paying for a certain level of service, make sure you have the resources in place to deliver at that level.